Thursday, October 9, 2008

Pumpkin Patch





A few days ago my sister and I took the girls to Circle S Farms to pick some pumpkins right off the vine! It was a beautiful day and the kids had an awesome time. Nic was on his way home from an extra shift and got to stop in to play for a bit and that made it especially nice for the mama!

Through all of these fun and games I have learned something. SECOND BORN children are CRAZY! I really mean this in a great way-I am a second born! I honestly thought that Gracie was quite adventurous and dare devilish but she is not even close, really not even close to Shiloh in this arena! Last year when we went to the farm Shiloh was strapped nicely into a little front carrier and Gracie ran around and played and attempted things but never fully engaged in the haybarn like I saw from Shiloh this year. Shiloh was going down these pretty big slides and fussy for us all to leave her alone. There was one time when the child hit both her feet on the side of the slide and she literally tumbled over sideways staright into the hay. Did she cry? Oh No! The chick was laughing it up with hay coming out all over her head! I love it! I love their little differences! To Gracie's credit-she talked way more and way earlier this miss Shiloh! Shiloh says forget words, who needs them? Give me the action!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like a blast! I am excited for Max to be walking around and experiencing this kind of adventure next year!

Amie said...

Erin-

I didn't know you had a blog!! I saw you posted on Jen's so I wanted to stop by and say hello!

Love these pics of the girls! . And love the "I smell something" post. too cute!

:)
Amie

Becky said...

Hey Erin!
Love your blog about your two cuties!! :o)