Thursday, October 2, 2008

700 billion dollars

We have sure heard that amount a bunch lately but I heard something interesting yesterday that helped me reference 700 billion dollars. I don't know about all of you but I am horrible at estimating. Walk into a building with a bunch of people and try and guess how many there are-not even close. Try and guess a certain amount of money-no way. I am just not good at it at all!! Anyways-backt to the 700 billion dollars.
700 billion is like giving 33 million people(which is still hard to imagine but closer) $21,000.00.
Do you know that according to the last census-there are 33 million current mortgage holders. Hmmmm-that would be interesting wouldn't it? Give 33 million people $21,000 to pay down or finish their mortgages rather than give all that money back to the poeple that squandered it in the first place. Wouldn't that stimulate the economy?
Now I am not political nor do I know jack squat about the economy but I heard this point today and I thought that it seemed very interesting to me and maybe all of you as well!!

0 comments: