Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Little Girls in Leotards

Well Gracie has been in gymnastics for the past couple months now and she has been having a blast! I managed to talk my way out of my first purchase for Shiloh to be in that parent tot class (that was a whole other blog issue from way back when!) Anyways-they credited my account so I signed Gracie up for the next session! Wednesdays at 1:30 have been the best for Gracie! I decided after the first couple classes that Gracie needed to have a little leotard. All the other little girls were jumping around in their suits and I knew it was just a matter of time for Gracie to ask in her super sweet little voice, "mama, do you think I could wear one of those next time I come?" Of course I melted-I mean I guess we both just kind of fell into the peer pressure of having to have a leotard for gymnastics. Why? They can do the same thing in little t-shirts and shorts! I went into the little store at the gym and pulled a couple out to look at the sizes and prices and quickly realized that if we were going to purchase a leotard-it was not going to be there!

$35-40 for a 2T/3T leotard just doesn't seem right. Here I am analyzing what I can do with $40 the whole way home. You guys know what I mean-just having that conversation in my head! For a leotard!! $40 is probably not that much money but that is just the way I am built! You remember my blog a while back about me picking up a $10 shirt and analyzing the heck out of it. Should I buy or not? Of course I should buy it!! CRAZY!
Well, the quest was on. I went to our local thrifty nifty stores, went to red dot boutique(target), meijer(where the largest Smith family I know shops for everything-really everything!), and finally landed at once upon a child. I found a sweet little purple leotard that I am sure is like a ballerina suit or something because it has little short sleeves, but who cares? It was $3! I can really live with $3! Didn't analyze that one once!
Gracie loved the suit. Wears it faithfully every Wednesday! She puts it on and becomes super gymnast in her little mind. She strokes her little stomach feeling the material and in an instant performs a forward roll-I think to test if it is working properly!! She looks so cute-there is something about little girls in leotards. We are all shapes and sizes from day 1-some fill the little rear ends out, some hang baggy. I love it!
Well now I know I need to get used to the idea of paying for a new leotard. She sure loves gymnastics and is going to keep doing it for the next 10 weeks. The time is coming-I know I will break-a new leotard is in our future! Here is how goofy I am-on the way home today I was thinking about how a new little leotard is really just like $4 a class session. I was seriously breaking down the cost of the leotard per session. I think it is time I stop listening to the woes of the economy. I mean price per session for a leotard-
Just a little Crazy!!
And what is up with Gracie the pirate? All of the shots I got of this day were one eyed!(3rd pic)



4 comments:

Jen said...

Love the leotard...so sweet and perfectly priced! I know all about the high prices of leotards. I have taken Kristen's girls to ballet for the past 3 years. What was really ridiculous was the recital outfits -- $40++ and they only wear it once (twice if there is a dress rehearsal!!). My oh my!

Good news is you can break the cost down of a NEW leotard even more. HELLO...you have 2 Little Girls...remember???

Becky said...

How fun! Gracie looks so precious in that little leotard!

I love that 3rd picture...maybe she's just trying to channel her inner model?

Unknown said...

Plus size Leotards
and plus size dancewear allow you to visually check and monitor your body placement as you perform the movements or dance steps and helps your instructor to train you more effectively and safely.

Unknown said...

Recently ballet has gone back to the basics. Although some ballerinas may occasionally wear warm-ups, basic leotards and tights are becoming more popular in the dance studios. If ballet students do wear any warm-ups, it is most likely warm-up shorts. These shorts are great to keep the hip joints warm and make quite a fashion statement