Thursday, September 25, 2008

REUNITED!



Reunited and it feels so good! Do I have you all singing right now??
Today is dedicated to Gracie and Jake! They are reunited and they are feeling good!
Last night after dinner Gracie, Shiloh, myself, and Jake(Gracie's favorite stuffed dalmation dog) went to the Library to exchange our movies and books! We went through the doors of the Gorve City Library with backpacks on ready to look for some great new reading material! I glance over at Gracie and specifically make this comment. "Gracie, I wish you wouldn't bring Jake in places because I am really feeling like he is going to get lost one of these times." Gracie then replies that she won't lose him mommy-she would never lose Jake! I then proceed to the counter to explain that we have abused one of the books we had checked out. Lets just say it was well loved by Shiloh and the cover seemed to have gotten ripped. The ladies at the desk were wonderful! They let me slide even though I offered to pay! Maybe it was the fact that Gracie was doing her latest gymnastics move with Jakey in the middle of the floor and Shiloh was trying to stick her head down the book return! Maybe they could see I was in a strugglefest and showed a little mercy!! Well we get passed that part of our time and head on back to the kids section. I remember it very clearly-Gracie had pulled Shiloh over to the puzzle table while I was hunting for some good finds and I heard her manipulating her little sister. Gracie-"Here Shiloh, you can hold my Jakey. He loves it when you hold him!"
I knew this was a bad idea but it happened. That was the last we saw Jakey!
Before Gracie went to bed we started looking for Jake. We looked everywhere. 20 minutes later it hit me that Jake was at the Library. Boy the tears started flowing and it took some major strategic talking to get her through it! She was desperate for that dog. That bottom lip could not have stuck out any farther and I thought I was going to start crying. I felt every problem solving strategy I possess well up inside of me! You all know what I am talking about, it was hurting me that I could not just jump in the car and race over there. I am just as attached to Jake as she is-SERIOUSLY! I then went on to tell Gracie that Jake was having a sleepover with all those other stuffed animals we saw sitting on those shelves. She started calming down-I had her with the sleepover thing! Yeah Gracie he was probably popping some popcorn, chilling with that crazy lion we saw. I really got her with this next one-Gracie-Jake is so lucky, he gets to read every book in the library tonight and use that scanner all by his bigself. She was still upset but loving all of Jake's options!
We made it through the night only on the promise of being at the Library first thing this morning to rescue Jake. This was daddy's task-he was there waiting at the door at 9:30 with the girls! He said Gracie's face was priceless when the lady behind the counter held him up. You see that is kind of a whole other blog because I asked Nic to take my camera and document their search efforts. Of course-he forgot! I can't fault him too much-I mean he did rescue the family pet. Probably the only family pet we will ever have and momma is just fine with that!!
Here is Gracie with her sweet Jake cuddled up in my bed! These picture still pretty much tell the story of Gracie and Jake reunited and feeling good!

1 comments:

Jen said...

What a great little tale. I am so glad Jake is back where he belongs. ;)