Thursday, September 11, 2008

Am I the only?

Just some random thoughts here! I know I am not the only one for all of these but somethimes I wonder????
Am I the only one who........
1. Enjoyed ear candle-ing-Yes I loved it-I loved cutting the candle open and seeing the goodness pulled out. I still would participate if I had any patients!! If you don't know about ear candles-just ask-I am the expert!

2. bakes a cake-thoroughly enjoys a slice-and then leaves it to sit untouched for far too long before scraping it in the trash. Yes I leave it there to haunt my mom and mother-in-law when they watch the girls. I know I am not the only one on this because Nic doesn't eat it either. No-it isn't that the cake is bad!

3. has to count back the days to see if I need to wash my hair or not. No-I do not do that task everyday-sometimes every couple! I would have afro-puff of the year if I washed it everyday!

4. puts lotion on my hair after a fresh wash, dry, and flat iron. Yes lotion-good old Suave! Sorry Jackie!!

5. picks! Not my nose but everything else. Zits, scabs, toe nails, fingernails-you name it! That is gross isn't it? I know my good friend Kristen C. is a picker too so I am not alone-She has to be worse than me!! Sorry girl!

6. checks my breath by smelling in my hand. No I am not the only one-I have seen people doing this one! It is not an adequate test for breath smell!

7. holds up a $10 shirt for myself that I think is really cute and I know would fit and I still take 10 minutes to decide if the purchase is a good choice for me. Why is that? Now if somebody asked me if they should buy that $10 shirt for themselves-I would be all over it. Of course you should buy that great shirt for that great price. Why can't I do that for myself? I need help!

8. goes straight to the children's department in every store-really every store! It has magnetic force on me.

9. wiggles the doorknob multiple times before going to bed to make sure it is locked-multiple times. Nic says, Erin if was locked 5 minutes ago it is still locked. You just never know!!
I learned that one from the best-that is definitely a David (Dad) OCD trait.

10. has to leave food on my plate. I mean even if it is one bite-it messes with me if I don't leave food. Nic says it is more than just food. I don't finish sodas I open, candies, bags of sncaks like goldfish(if there is a small amount of goldfish in one bag and a brand new unopened bag, I have to go for the fresh and leave the old. Something always has to be left.

11. smells like a regular coonhound-no I don't mean I smell like a dog but I have the ability to smell or sniff out things like a dog. I guess a coonhound smells well. I just asked Nic and he just dismissed my question. That is a whole other "am I the only one" thought.
I seriously catch all smells always. I mean I just sniff it out and smells affect me differently than anyone else. I can get sick in an instant because of a smell.

12. makes their husband fast from all onions-they make him smell so bad-back to number 11. I try not to be mean about it and I don't go all nazi on him. we just have an UNDERSTANDING! All you married couples know what I am talking about. The onions don't just make his breath smell-they makehis body stink. I smell onion coming off his arms. He knows I am a pro at sniffing it out. I can tell if he has induldged!

13. talks to their husband-asks many questions-even when you know they aren't listening. I just keep talking-WHY???
You guys-I went to the store last night to get some lat minute items-just down to the local CVS. It was probably 9:30 and I told Nic I was leaving. I got back around 10:00, walked thorugh the front door and Nic just looked at me like I was a ghost. I knew he had no idea I had left. I knew he hadn't even listened to me.
He is rotten sometimes but a sweetheart mostly!!

14. goes to sleep with an agenda in my head for the next day?

15. has a hard time not laughing or smiling when I am not supposed to? That was worse when I was younger!! You can all think of a time in church when the giggles caught you. Unfortunately, I am the worst at this one!!

This is probably enough to get you all thinking! I will have to jot down my quirks and keep this updated!
Leave me a message with some of your quirks if you dare!!!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

1. I have to brush my teeth 3 times before I head out the door in the morning...and when doing so, I have to brush my tongue so hard that I dry heave.

2. I have the hardest time erasing pictures from my camera, even after saved to my computer...same goes for voicemail messages...what in the world?

Cindi said...

1. Am I the only one who has their front tooth fall out, takes a picture of it, and then texts it to everyone I know?

2. Am I the only one who takes the lid off that left over cake, takes one bite and puts the lid back on?

LOVE THE BLOG....KEEP IT UP!!!

Grandma Cindi

Giving Love Encounters said...

I love your quirks! The onion one is hilarious - and so true.
And #8 - I'm right there with you....a magnetic attraction.
;)