Monday, September 8, 2008

Balls and Dolls

So Nic and I are playing on a co-ed softball team together down at Berliner. This isn't the first co-ed league we have played in together-but the first since I have had the little gals! We had our first game Friday night and by goly-we WON! I was a little nervous going to the game because I was pretty much meeting everyone else on the team for the first time and Nic ever so sly told me the day before that he would really like for us to go to the batting cages before the game because HE DIDN'T WANT TO STRIKE OUT! Now, we all know what that really meant. Nic doesn't worry about striking out-he worried about me striking out. This put me on the defense and heightened my worries about playing on the team. Men have a way about them-don't they? We are both so stinking competitive that I really don't know if this was a good choice or not-we will see as the season unfolds!!
So our team name is Balls and Dolls or maybe Dolls and Balls-I can't remember. What I know is my team shirt is very reflective of the oh so creative team name-you would all laugh! Not necessarily at the shirt-but at the fact that I wear the shirt!
Okay so we won the game but the coolest part is that I made a beautiful catch from left field. I was running in-can you picture it?-I spotted the ball (even at night with the stadium lights on) and I got my glove open. I heard someone yell that they thought it was foul but I was committed. I had to catch that ball-mostly for Nic-I had to do it. Picture the movie Sandlot when the little boy stood with his glove up and eyes closed. That was probably more of what I looked like-but I felt like I looked much cooler. The ball hit perfectly in my glove. I was pumped! I caught that ball and got the last out of the inning. I ran back in to Nic who was smiling. He did say good job but had to go and ruin it by asking,
"Hey Blue-Would that have been foul?"
Blue-"Yeah it was foul"
In this league you get one pitch-a foul is out.
I caught that flippin ball for nothing!

1 comments:

Cindi said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!! It doesn't matter if it was foul or not, you caught the ball. Way to show off your stuff. Call me sometime we'd love to come watch.

Grandma Cindi