Wednesday, January 14, 2009

SNOWY DAY

So it took me a little over an hour to get home from school today. Leaving at lunch time ended up being a bad thing today because of all this white stuff. I decided to embrace the timing of the winter blast and get outside with the little girlies. I was pretty much toasty from all the tense driving so I was actually ready to feel the cold on the face. As many of you well know, dressing the 2 wee ones only intensified the internal heat. I really can't tell you how good that cold was feeling after getting out there. I don't think I have ever been so warm playing in the snow!!
The girls, of course, loved every second of it.
10-15 minutes of gathering clothing items, gloves, boots,etc.
30 minutes of strategically layering and dressing all 3 of us for the fun.
For about-oh, let's see-20 minutes or so of actual play.
Only to come in and spend 15-20 minutes undressing, laying clothes out to dry, cleaning up the wet floor, and then having to serve up some hot chocolate.
Why? For FLIPPIN fun-that's why!!
Nap is late but better late than never today FOR SURE!!





2 comments:

Jen said...

Looks like a blast! Max played in the snow [for the first] time today too! :)

Jackie said...

Shiloh looks like she feels the same way as her aunt Jackie about the snow!