Tuesday, April 7, 2009

YAY DADDY!

We are so proud of Daddy.(Yes I know I always use that proud word in a rotten way but I really mean it this time)
He is now Lieutenant Smith at the London Fire Department! YOU ROCK NICO!
2 weeks of books and papers scattered around the kitchen table
2 weeks of moving those books for every meal
and those same 2 weeks of feeling like I am in single mommyville
ALL worth it!!
The day before Nic's test Gracie decided she wanted to make a card to hide in his fire bag to cheer him up. She decorated and colored it beautifully and wrote her little name for him. I asked her if she wanted to tell me something to write and she did. She told me that she decorated his card with bugs to cheer him up and she wanted to tickle him so he would laugh. She then went on to tell him that she asked Jesus to help him and she knows He will because he always helps people. I wrote those beautiful words exactly the way she said them.

Out of the mouths of babes God reveals really cool things at the perfect time.
Gracie-I love your faith and I love how bold you are at the ripe old age of 3 1/2.
Daddy will cherish that little card forever.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Congrats Nic!

And Gracie -- what a sweet little thing you are!

Becky said...

Woo hoo!!!

Congrats Nic!

Cindi said...

You're the BEST!!!! I love you