Saturday, August 30, 2008

MERCY?

Is there a magic age when you are all of the sudden aloud to spank? Is it like 18 months or something? You parents know what I am talking about!! Nic would say and argue validly that the age should be birth but I wonder!! Shiloh is really at that age. I am a firm believer in disciplining my children but I do like to use different methods and make sure the punishment fits the crime. There are just times when a spank is necessary. We are there with Shiloh. She is a climber like no other right now. The funny,well not really funny to me, thing is she is a really smart climber. She scoots chairs, step stools, toy baskets, and toys over to the table and desk and other pieces of furniture to climb on top. She is really working me! The other day I had just had it and I said Shiloh Jean I am really feeling like a spank is coming on. "Put your feet down!" Gracie then pops her head up out of nowhere and says, "I think she does need one mommy, do it now!"
I then tried to use this as a teachable moment about mercy. I went on in to this long lesson about what mercy is and how our Heavenly Father shows mercy to us. He doesn't always do or give for us what we deserve. She sat there listening, or so I thought, and when I finished she said, "mommy, are you going to give her that spank now? I think she still needs it!"

No, I didn't give her the spank grandparents. And I did manage to walk away without laughing!
Mercy didn't matter just yet, she wanted to see her little sis get it!!

0 comments: