Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Riding 2 Wheelers

One day last week Gracie asked me and Nic to help her ride her bike with no training wheels so of course we said yes. Nic promptly takes the training wheels off her little Dora bike. He was ready-he knew his role!! Natalie decided she wanted to try also so they suited up in their little helmets to give it a whirl! It was an absolute thrill to see them attempt this new challenge. Just seeing their excitement as they prepared themselves for the job at hand was enough to make me cry. It didn't even matter yet if they were successful. Seeing them get that pumped showed a lot about their character. They had confidence, not because they knew they could do it, but because they asked and we said yes. That is all they needed to know. We wouldn't have let them try something we thought would hurt them and they knew that. That was all they needed to know. I think that is such a cool lesson. I don't need to know if I am going to be good at something or do it perfectly, I just need to know if my Heavenly Father says yes. That is all the confidence I should need. Thank you Gracie and Natalie for reminding me of that!
They went on to do a great job. They did it. They rode free of training wheels. Sure there were some falls and we do have some work still but they kept that confidence and they learned how to give it a try. I am so proud of you both!!




Of course he got on that tiny little bike-of course he did!
He is such a nerd.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Awesome reminder!

Those girls looked adorable - and so grown up - on their bikes!

Ashley Reale said...

It's so nice to be able to share these moments with you guys-thanks for posting!!

Giving Love Encounters said...

Nic - you're going to break the poor kids bike. Get off! ;)

k