Monday, June 29, 2009

We harvested today..

I decided to try my hand at farming this year and we actually got to harvest some goodies today. I probably didn't allow quite enough room for my 2 tomato, 2 cucumber, and 2 zucchini plants seeing as how they are being housed in a 4 X 8 space right next to my patio. The cucumber plant is spiraling out into the yard and the Zucchini plant is trying to take the entire patch over. So maybe I didn't do it exactly right but my girls have been helping in the process and carefully watering and weeding each day with me and we were all extremely excited today when 2 huge zucchini squash were ready for the picking.
It has been such a cool process doing this with the girls. They take such care and love to be the "picker". I already have plans for my talented father and hubby for next year. Garden boxes-out in the back of the yard!!





Now if I could just get Gracie to eat that green pepper she is so proud to hold!
By the way-the green peppers are not doing as well as the squash and cucumbers. Any of you know why??

2 comments:

Giving Love Encounters said...

We are first-year gardners as well!

Good for your cucumbers! Ours are not doing well... We are thinking of replanting for a late harvest. Our peppers are coming along and our broccoli and romaine lettuce is out of this world delicious!!! I've already harvested enough organic lettuce to pay for my entire garden!

We've discovered there is nothing more fulfilling than planting, growing and harvesting your own food!

Fellow gardener,
;)

Jen said...

YUM-O!!!

Nothing better than hand-picked produce from your very own garden!