Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer

Gracie had her first great performance last Sunday night for her preschool Christmas program. She attends preschool through the Grove City Christian school at GC Nazarene. It is a pretty large church so when we got there on Sunday night, I just assumed they were integrating their little show into their church service because the place was packed. Really-standing room only. I later realized that in fact it wasn't their regularly scheduled church service-it really was just the GC Christian School Christmas program complete with a pre-concert by the fabulous worship team and choir at the church. Everything was beautifully decorated and put together. I started getting a little nervous for Gracie. Imagine looking out over a thousand people with spotlights in your face as a 4 year old. I started feeling things for her in a way that only a mother can.
Finally it gets to her little group and Shiloh and I race down to the front to get some pictures and reassure her-there was no way she was going to get to spot us in that crowd! We get down right in front of her and she looked so nervous. Her little face was so pale and finally we made eye contact-it was so awesome-she just melted and smiled and waved her little hands. She just needed to see us and all was okay! I loved being there for her in that moment-I loved being the one to take the fear away. My eyes filled up with tears and I could not stop smiling. I was so proud of her! Indescribable!
My little Rudolph with her nose so bright-I will never ever forget that moment!


2 comments:

Ashley Reale said...

the way you write and tell stories makes me feel like I was there! I'm stinkin tearing up reading about this! it's wonderful and so are you!

Cindi said...

We will have to preserve these shots on a canvas just like we did her daddy's.