Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Sweet Little Princesses


The girls decided they wanted to play dress up the other evening after dinner. Mimi(that is my mom) and I helped them pull their dress up box out of the closet for a little fun. Gracie was rummaging through it looking frantically for something "beautiful" but came up short. Their were monkey masks, firefighter clothes, hard hats, cowgirl pieces, and even some ballet slippers but nothing "beautiful" for sweet Gracie. So I got to be mom of the year and bust out early birthday presents-2 new princess dress up boxes filled with that beautiful stuff she so longed for. I can't tell you how fun that was pulling those presents out (that I had just wrapped-that will never happen again for sure) and meeting her little desire right on the spot. That was way better than waiting for her birthday party where she probably wouldn't have had the opportunity to dive in the way she wanted to. The girls (all 3 of them because Nat was over for a slumber party) jumped into those boxes and got all dolled up. They were so happy and looked so sweet! I just kept thinking about how cool it was for me to bless my daughters right in perfect timing and that is how God wants to bless us too. It is like just wait for it-wait for it-maybe wait for it some more-and then the blessing comes in perfect timing and can have the maximum effect. I was pretty tickled to give her those boxes but I know God is so much more tickled when he sees us enjoy His blessings!
God is good! Thank you for my little princesses!



3 comments:

Jackie said...

I love it! I never, EVER thought YOUR baby girls would want to dress as a princess. It makes me smile! Just as it did today to buy little Gracie a princess Barbie, she is so cool!

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

WOW - gave me goose bumps.

What sweet little girls and what a sweet & loving picture of our Father and the gifts He has for us.

What an AWESOME photo of Gracie at the top of this post. A framer for sure!

;)